Too many us have diets which are high in cholesterol. High cholesterol is in things like butter, cream, deep fried foods and saturated fats. It is very common in Australia and other parts of the world to have this issue.
We also don’t exercise enough each day. We are too sedentary.
Your body needs cholesterol for many functions like a healthy heart. But it doesn’t need a lot. Your body can quite readily make its own.
What is cholesterol?
Cholesterol is the fatty acid that you need to perform most functions in the body. There are two types of cholesterol, good cholesterol (that is all your good omega three fats) and the bad cholesterol (this is your from processed foods and trans fats).
What happens if you have high cholesterol?
High cholesterol happens when someone gets 3.6 mnol/L in their cholesterol levels. Sometimes its genetics that cause the high levels, but most of the time its our lifestyle (being overweight)
- Have fatty liver disease
- Have pulmonary disease
- Heart and organ failure
- Put on weight around the lungs and the heart
To avoid high cholesterol
- Limit your servings of processed foods to just treat foods
- Have meat no more than three times a week
- Eat more fiber. The more fiber you eat the fuller you’ll get and it also helps to get rid of the bad waste in your body
- Drink Apple Cider Vinegar. It is said to help lower cholesterol levels
- Exercise. You should aim to get in 150-300 mins of vigorous activity a week. And for muscle building, you should include two strength sessions in a week
- Be happy. Having too much stress is not good for you
NB: if you have high cholesterol, you should go and see your doctor and don’t wait.