Now that we are all stuck indoors and with not a lot of takeaway going on, I wanted to bring this easy Apple pie recipe.
We have this pie maker at home which is from Sunbeam. It was given to us as a gift one Christmas but we never got to use it until now. We used their recipe which is listed here. It is so easy to do.
- 1.5 kg granny smith apples, peeled, core removed, roughly sliced
- 1 cup water
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup caster sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ½ teaspoons lemon zest
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- ¼ teaspoon ground all spice
- ¼ cup plain flour
- Place all ingredients; expect flour, in a medium pot over medium heat. Stir occasionally for 15-20 minutes or until apples are soft.
- Remove some sauce from the pot and combine with flour. Add back to the pot, stirring constantly, until all flour is combined.
- Bring back to a simmer, and cook for 5 minutes.
- Place apple mixture in a clean container and allow to cool to room temperature before making pies.
- Heat up your Sunbeam Pie Magic Family Pie Maker. Place base pastry in the pie maker, and fill with pie filling. Cover with a pastry top, and close your pie maker. Cook for 15-20 minutes.