In Australia a few people smoke and don’t want to give up the smokes. We are trying to convince people to give up smoking but that’s hard at times. Especially during now, giving up smoking would save lives and money
The cost of cigarettes ranges from $20-$50 at the supermarket. Smoke a pack a week and it would set you back by a $1000 a year. Now that money could be used to pay your rent.
Why do you smoke?
There’s a few reasons
- To run away from troubles
- Because I like it- addictions
- Its a part of life for me
What are the consequences of smoking for a while?
- The death rate for people that use tobacco (aka smoke) is higher than those that do not smoke. According to Dummies, more than 450000 Americans die each year as a result of smoke. These smokers die at a young age.
- It can cause lung disease
- It can cause obesity
- Your gums and teeth with suffer
- Your hair and skin will become brittle
- Your nails will have a mustard stain which cannot be hidden or removed
- Smoking is a major cause of heart disease
SO what are you waiting for? Now is a good time to quit smoking for good. There is plenty of help out there including the Quitline and there are lots of nicotine patches that you can buy.
You can do it. I know you can and you’ll reap the benefits afterwards such as healthier skin and nails, saving money and a longer life.