And why we disagree with it.
Yesterday Sam Wood has an article in the Daily Mail about people going to the gym and he urged those to stay away from the gym. He says that its due to the Coronavirus and the fact that they can spread germs easily when they cough and sneeze and sweat. The last part about the sweat is not true as you can’t get sick from the sweat. Sam Wood is a personal trainer in Melbourne
Sam’s article is just another reason for people to panic. As the government said we should just go about our daily business but have good hand hygiene and good immune systems.
If people stay away from the gym, the gym would lose money and staff. We already are worried about the personal trainers losing their clients.
Gyms are supposed to be social places; places in which people can talk to each other and be happy. If we all go into isolation and exercise at home we would not be very happy. Gyms is one way for people to see their friends and family.
All of the gyms now have hand sanitzer and cleaning staff 24/7 and they have guidelines on how to be safe from the Coronavirus.
How to be safe from the Coronavirus at the gym
- Stay at home for 14 days if you have been to China, Iran, Italy, UK, Japan.
- Stay at home if you feel unwell
- Wash your gym clothes regularly
- Use a towel at the gym and change it everytime you go to the gym
- Wash your hands regularly with soap
- Use antibacterial wipes
- Stay away from people that cough or sneeze
- Wipe down equipment before and after you use it.
- Fill your own drink bottle at home or buy water that is prefilled.
- Use cotton gloves to handle equipment.
- Wash your face after each gym session