We talk about High fiber food and which ones to have.
We need about 30-38g of fiber per day and many of us are not getting enough.
I would include these high fiber foods in my diet. Fiber is important for regulating the waste system and it keeps us fuller for longer so we don’t overeat! And it’s also important for fighting off the many illnesses that we have such as cold and flu.
- Apples- one apple a day keeps the doctor away and it’s true. Apples have a lot of fiber in them
- Chia seeds- they are great in everything and they have omega 3 in them. Omega 3 is a good fat to have in your diet.
- Oats- you can enjoy them in a muffin or in a breakfast porridge. If you need to go you can enjoy them in a breakfast smoothie.
- Dried apricots
- Beans of all sorts- canned is the best version to take to work as its easily transportable. But if you are at home, fresh is best.
- Lentils- they are great in a curry or in salads with beans
- Cereals with added fiber- think All Bran or Sultana Bran which has fiber in them
- Bananas- I love to have one of these plain and I would take it as a snack to work.
You can mix these in with other food or you can have them plain
Do try and get as much fiber as you can. If you don’t know how much fiber you are getting, you can install a calorie tracker on your smartphone and that will tell you how much fiber you are getting each day.
Try and eat as many vegetables and fruits as you can as well as nuts for good health.