Lets face it. Its the holiday season and you want to catch up with everyone. Most likely it will be over drinks.
But will too much alcohol and not enough alcohol free days take its toll on you? The most likely answer is yes. I have seen a number of fights going on in St Kilda during these past few weeks. And its usually outside a bar or on the beach.
The City of Port Phillip has had enough of this problem so they decide to put up some no alcohol on the foreshore
And yes alcohol is liquid calories meaning that you would have consumed more calories than ever.
Over time drinking too much alcohol can lead to skin and liver problems. The liver is the most important part of the body. Without a properly functioning liver you might become unwell and it may lead to chronic diseases.
So what do we suggest?
- Have a few alcohol free days per week
- Know what day you will drink and plan around that
- Drink lots of water in the lead up to it
- Have some food with alcohol
- Know your limits and stick to it
- If you have a problem with someone don’t use alcohol to numb the problem. Instead, talk to the person before the event or don’t invite them at all.
- You don’t have to say yes to every Christmas function- respect yourself and have some rest days.